Plus: Andrew Garfield casts doubt on Sam Altman’s memory at ‘Artificial’ premiere; Inside the booming business of celebrity audiobook memoirs
If you’re a straight woman or gay man born in the 1980s or early ’90s, I have an important announcement to make: Josh Hartnett is looking good these days. Like, real good. And more importantly, he’s doing good work too. The erstwhile Y2K heartthrob is working with legends like Christopher Nolan, costarring opposite A-listers like Anne Hathaway and Dakota Johnson, and fully enjoying his mid-career renaissance. “I feel way more like an undiscovered talent” than an established star, Hartnett tells VF’s Savannah Walsh in a new interview. “I feel like only now am I getting to work with the people that I want to work with on a level that I want to work with them on.” In other words, don’t expect him to make 41 Days and 41 Nights anytime soon. (That’s for the best, really.)
Elsewhere, Chris Murphy watches Luca Guadagnino (possibly) catch Sam Altman in a lie during the premiere of Artificial. Plus, a peek inside the booming business of celebrity audiobook memoirs, and Kara Swisher answers the Proust Questionnaire
|
|
HILLARY BUSIS
FEATURES EDITOR
|
|
|
|
|
He’s starring opposite Anne Hathaway and Dakota Johnson in Verity, and working with Christopher Nolan and Oliver Stone—all part of an era in which Hartnett is finally becoming “the kind of actor that I believe I’ve always wanted to be," as he tells VF. Read more
|
|
|
MOVIES
By Chris Murphy
Luca Guadagnino’s dark horror-comedy about the evolution of AI, starring Andrew Garfield as OpenAI CEO Sam Altman, paints a brilliantly bleak portrait of the industry—and the executive. Read more
|
|
|
HOLLYWOOD
By Brian Raftery
Inside the booming business of celebrity audiobook memoirs, featuring the producers and directors who helped Lena Dunham, Al Pacino, Laura Dern, and more record their books—even when it got difficult. Read more
|
|
|
PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE
By Kara Swisher
The pioneering tech journalist, podcaster, and Bay Area evangelist has a fondness for poetry and getting the last word. Read more
|
| Subscribe to Vanity Fair! |
| Become a subscriber for unlimited access to Vanity Fair. Start your free trial today. |
|
In an exclusive video interview, the OpenAI CEO discusses Donald Trump, the midterms, the real risk of extinction, Xi Jinping’s state visit, self-policing and government regulation, and OpenAI president Greg Brockman’s political donations.
|
|
|
Get Vanity Fair in your inbox.
|
This e-mail was sent to you by VANITY FAIR. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add our e-mail address, vanityfair@newsletter.vf.com, to your address book.
View our Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All Rights Reserved
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment